Pixel 2 arrives tomorrow with a secret custom imaging chip. Google AI can teach itself Go. Snopes and Politifact get fake news ads. How to get a job as a Personality Designer at Google. Samsung's Bixby assistant comes to fridges. Which is worse, KRACK or ROCA? MS vs DOJ goes to the SCOTUS.
- Leo's Tool: Google Advanced Protection Program
- Jeff's Number: 47% of teens favor SnapChat vs 9% for Facebook
- Stacey's Thing: Alexa voice prints are not awesome.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google Pixel 2 will be available at Verizon stores on Thursday
- The Pixel 2's images look good thanks to custom silicon
- The Pixel 2 XL would be the best phone in the world if its screen wasn’t so weird
- Microsoft Email-Access Fight With U.S. Gets Top Court Review
- Supreme Court refuses to hear case questioning Google’s trademark
- Google serves fake-news ads...on fact-checking sites
- Google announces new education initiatives
- Google Maps ditches automatic calorie estimates after users say it’s not helpful and even potentially harmful
- Google Photos now recognizes your pets as people, like it should
- Google’s AI can create better machine-learning code than the researchers who made it
- AlphaGo Zero learns on its own
- Time for a refresh: meet the new Google Calendar for web
- New job: personality designer
- This is a smart fridge I can get behind
- Samsung's Bixby, now smarter, arrives on fridges - CNET
- Millions of high-security crypto keys crippled by newly discovered flaw
- Serious flaw in WPA2 protocol lets attackers intercept passwords and much more
- Thousands of women share experiences of sexual assault on Twitter through #MeToo
- New bill would allow hacking victims to 'hack back'
- Colorado Political Candidate Promises to Give His Seat to an App
- Essential Is Getting Sued For Allegedly Stealing Wireless Connector Technology
- Swedish train officially named Trainy McTrainface
- 47% of teens favor SnapChat vs. 9% Facebook
- Google Advanced Protection Program