Sep 13th 2017
This Week in Google 422
The Missing Link
Equifax, Bodega, and Other Evils
Qualcomm (which is a TWiT sponsor) says Android beats iPhone. Samsung wants a folding phone. Everybody hates Silicon Valley, especially Facebook - most especially, the ex-Googlers who founded Bodega. Oxford commas, "they" as a neutral singular pronoun, and how to pronounce cuneiform. Pharma bro: do not pass go.
Blueborn attack could affect 5 billion devices. Equifax - now that none of our information is private, what's next? Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review. Welcome Alexis Ohanian Jr.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Qualcomm claims Android always beats the iPhone to new features
- Everything Apple Announced: iPhone X, iPhone 8, Face ID, Animoji, Apple Watch, Apple TV
- Samsung eyes foldable smartphone, voice-controlled speaker
- There's Blood In The Water In Silicon Valley
- Facebook’s Russian Ads Disclosure Is Putting The Company Under Intense New Scrutiny
- Tagging fake news on Facebook doesn't work, study says - POLITICO
- Ex-Googlers want to replace the corner bodega
- Josh Marshall tweet on their douchebaggery
- That didn't take long: they apologize
- Two Ex-Googlers Want To Make Bodegas And Mom-And-Pop Corner Stores Obsolete
- Excellent thread showing how fake news is created
- Jeff screed against Franklin Foer screed against Silicon Valley
- 3D-Printed Self-Folding Electronics
- Google's language style guide. (amusing stuff and a victory for the Oxford comma)
- Everything you need to know from CEDIA
- Martin Shkreli jailed after Facebook post about Hillary Clinton
- Billions of devices imperiled by new clickless Bluetooth attack | Ars Technica
- Google's September security patch fixes 'BlueBorne' Bluetooth vulnerability
- Ayuda! (Help!) Equifax Has My Data!
- Credit reporting firm Equifax says data breach could potentially affect 143 million US consumers
- Three Equifax Managers Sold Stock Before Cyber Hack Was Revealed
- Why you should not use Equifax's site and should immediately turn on fraud alerts
- Equifax data breach check on the company's site also tries to force users to agree to not sue
- Credit Freeze Guide: The best way to protect yourself against identity theft
- Equifax Lobbied To Kill Rule Protecting Victims Of Data Breaches
- Identity Theft And Cybercrime
- Sylvania a19 color light bulb
- Alexis Ohanian and you-know-who baby video