Today is the Net Neutrality Day of Action. Go to BattleForTheNet.com and write your congressperson. Also, The Pixel XL 2 may feature a squeezable frame. Allo is coming to the desktop in "a few weeks." Android 7.1 has "Panic Detection" mode. Facebook will sell ads in Messenger. Amazon Prime Day sales up 60% over last year's record-setting haul - with Echo Dot as the top-selling item. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 may explode onto the scene on August 23rd. Make Nokia great again. China teleports matter to space.
- Jeff's Numbers: Google spends $800,000 on newsbots that write 30,000 articles a month in the UK. Google doesn't owe France 1.1bn euros in back taxes.
- Danny's Stuff: Silk Vault Slim Wallet Case, The Big Sick
- Stacey's Thing: Fibaro HomeKit Sensors
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Battle For the Net
- Net neutrality day of action: everything you need to know
- America’s Future Is Texas
- AT&T Pretends To Love Net Neutrality, Joins Tomorrow's Protest With A Straight Face
- Combined Google Drive and Photos ‘Backup and Sync’ app now available for Mac, Windows
- Exclusive: This is the 2017 Google Pixel "XL," with low-bezel AMOLED display and squeezable frame
- Android 7.1 Nougat has a "Panic Detection" mode that detects frantic back button presses and returns users to home screen
- Ground-to-satellite quantum teleportation
- Google says the Allo desktop client is coming in a "few more weeks"
- Paying Professors: Inside Google’s Academic Influence Campaign
- Related: Google responds
- Facebook’s Secret Censorship Rules Protect White Men from Hate Speech But Not Black Children
- The news industry is worried Facebook and Google have far too much power
- RELATED: Jarvis' post
- Twitter has a new CFO: Ned Segal
- Galaxy Note 8 to launch next month, perhaps as early as August 23
- Amazon’s Prime Day was the biggest sales day in its history, up 60% on 2016 led by the Echo
- Amazon’s best-selling product on Prime Day was the Echo Dot
- Make your Nokia 3310 great again with a special $2,500 Putin-Trump gold and titanium edition
- Best Buy lost $1 billion in value on the news of Amazon’s Geek Squad competitor
- Over many objections, W3C approves DRM for HTML5
- Facebook says all advertisers can soon buy ads inside Messenger
- The tiniest Street View car
- Kaspersky Lab Has Been Working with Russian Intelligence
- The Big Sick
- Silk Vault Slim Wallet Case for iPhone
- Google wins one: no back taxes due in France
- Google blows $800k on bots to flood the UK with 30,000 'articles' a month
- Fibaro HomeKit Sensors