Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods and how it could change grocery stores. The transition from an economy of goods to one of experiences. Uber and Lyft get their way in Texas after refusing to comply with an ordinance requiring fingerprint background checks for drivers. Uber CEO Travis Kalanick resigns and whether or not the corporate culture of Uber was necessary for its success.
- Stacey's Thing: Radical Technologies - The Design of Every Day Life by Adam Greenfield
- Mike's Number: 18, the number of Girl Scout badges introduced for cybersecurity education
- Leo's Tool: Search for "Spinner" on Google
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market for $13.7B in all-cash deal
- "Amazon’s goal is to take a cut of all economic activity." - @benthompson
- Amazon’s Dash Wand lets you order groceries with your voice
- Wal-Mart tells vendors to get of Amazon's cloud
- Uber and Lyft messed with Texas -- and won
- Uber Founder Travis Kalanick Resigns as C.E.O.
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life
- Girl Scouts and Palo Alto Networks: Preparing Girls for the Future of Cybersecurity