Google releases the Jamboard, their smart whiteboard. How Google's ATAP has changed. Google can now track your offline credit card purchases. Why is it so hard to get Android apps on Chromebooks? What is Fuschia? Android Automotive will take over your car's dashboard. Java creator James Gosling is going to AWS. 1Password introduces Travel Mode to protect you at the border. Chaos Computer Club demonstrates how to hack Samsung's Iris Detection with just a camera and a contact lens. The FCC really wants to kill net neutrality, and they will beat you up if you ask them polite questions. Ford's new CEO is all about self-driving cars, but Waymo has a huge lead over everyone else. Uber angers customers, drivers, and pretty much the entire city of Pittsburgh.
- Jeff's Number: Google Street view is 10 years old, and artists love it.
- Stacey's Thing: WeMo Dimmer Switch
- Ron Amadeo's Stuff: Elegato Stream Deck
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google begins selling Jamboard, its Surface Hub competitor, in US for $5K plus a $600/year service fee per device
- YouTube VR will have shared rooms and voice chat instead of comment sections
- I miss Mullaley: Ford Ousts Mark Fields as C.E.O. and Installs Jim Hackett - The New York Times
- Google's Waymo worth more than GM, Tesla and Uber?
- Pittsburgh officials and residents have regrets 9 months after Uber began testing self-driving cars
- Uber Starts Charging What It Thinks You’re Willing to Pay
- Google: We'll track your offline credit card use to show that online ads work
- Google Attribution is a free and easy way to evaluate marketing efforts | TechCrunch
- Google brings 45 teraflops tensor flow processors to its compute cloud
- Google’s AlphaGo Defeats Chinese Go Master in Win for A.I
- How the mission and spirit of Google's ATAP group changed
- Android Automotive hands-on: Google is finally ready to talk about its car OS
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- Zuckerberg: I'm not using this trip to run for office
- Private chatrooms added to FB Live
- AWS signs Java 'father' James Gosling
- Chaos Computer Club hackers say they have defeated Samsung Galaxy S8's iris recognition system using a fake iris
- 1Password Travel Mode: Protect your data when crossing borders
- FCC moves ahead with plan to scrap net neutrality rules - Go to http://dearfcc.org and comment now!
- FCC Refuses to Release Evidence of the 'DDoS Attack' on Its Website
- Reporter manhandled by FCC guards because he asked question | National Press Club
- Senators ask FCC why reporter was “manhandled” after net neutrality vote
- Theresa May Wants To Regulate The Internet
- Ikea to launch google home compatible smart home devices.
- Elgato Stream Deck
- How Google Street View became fertile ground for artists
- Wikitribune makes its crowdfunding goal; 10 reporters to be hired