Leo Laporte, Jason Howell, and Jeff Jarvis report live from Google I/O to discuss today's keynote. Stacey Higginbotham joins them from Austin, TX.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Liveblog: Google I/O 2017
- Standalone Google VR headsets coming from HTC and Lenovo
- Sundar Pichai says Android is on 2B+ monthly active devices
- Google says it's bringing Smart Reply to Gmail for all iOS and Android English-speaking users
- Google Lens is a powerful, AI-driven visual search app
- Google unveils next-generation TPU for cloud computing
- Third-party actions will soon work on Google Assistant on the phone
- Google Home will handle your phone calls too
- Google Photos adds suggested sharing, shared libraries, photo books
- YouTube's Super Chat API can trigger actions in the real world
- Android O beta registration is now live
- Android O adds ‘Notifications Dots’ to your app icons
- Android O focuses on reducing boot time and battery drain
- Google Play Protect uses machine learning to detect and remove harmful apps
- Google is adding Kotlin as an official programming language for Android development
- Google is taking another shot at budget Android phones with Android Go
- Google to launch a jobs search engine in the U.S.
- Google will soon be able to remove objects from photos
- Speak and Spell
- Audio Factory
- TWiT @ Maker Faire 5/19