Don't fall for the latest Google Docs phishing scam! How Google measures quality and authority. Alphabet quarterly earnings. Pixel head says goodbye after 6 months. Twitter wants to be TV. Hulu wants to be Cable. Elon Musk wants to dig huge tunnels under LA. Senate ID cards have a picture of a security chip. 9 senators want to kill net neutrality forever. People are mean to robots.
- Danny's Pick: Cook with Google Home
- Stacey's Pick: The Night Ocean by Paul La Farge
- Leo's Pick: Mr. T navigation voice for Waze
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Someone Is Spreading a Massive Google Doc Phishing Email Right Now
- Opinion: Even if you can, you probably shouldn't buy a Google Pixel anymore
- How Google assesses the ‘authority’ of web pages
- Fueling a Flight to Quality
- These 9 Senators proposed a bill to kill net neutrality called the "Restoring Internet Freedom Act"
- President Trump is launching a new tech group to ‘transform and modernize’ the U.S. government - Recode
- Google's head of Pixel smartphone division leaves after six months
- Google's search for non-ad revenue puts spotlight on cloud, Pixel | Reuters
- Facebook is hiring another 3,000 people to pull down violent and inappropriate content
- Twitter still thinks it’s a TV platform — and here are its dozen new shows - Recode
- Tesla reactivated its automatic braking system after losing top Consumer Reports score
- Elon Musk teases Tesla electric semi truck, up to 4 new Gigafactory locations
- Here’s the first look at how Elon Musk’s ‘boring’ car tunnels will work
- Picture this: Senate staffers’ ID cards have photo of smart chip, no security
- Hulu launches its live TV service for $40 a month
- Cloudflare Orbit Wants to Secure the Internet of Things a Whole New Way
- SiriusXM acquires connected car company Automatic for over $100M
- A drunk man was arrested for knocking over Silicon Valley’s crime-fighting robot
- Children Beating Up Robots
- HitchBOT, the hitchhiking robot, gets beheaded in Philadelphia
- Cook with your Google Assistant on Google Home
- The Night Ocean by Paul La Farge
- Mr. T's voice finally comes to Waze for directions and navigation