Google will change search to favor quality, reliability, and authority. But what is "quality?" Amazon Look is an Echo with a camera and sharp fashion sense. Goodbye, Net Neutrality. Twitter beats the street. Uber almost gets kicked out of the App Store and breaks the heart of Unroll Me's CEO. Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales launches WikiTribune to fight fake news and hires the best journalist in the world to help him. Alexander Hamilton in VR. AT&T is the first company to launch a fake "5G" network. Juicero's CEO had only the noblest of intentions.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Sources: Google and partners in Coalition for Better Ads are working on a tool designed for publishers to filter some ads
- Important post by Google Search head Ben Gomes shows it will now favor "quality," "reliability," "authority." Big deal.
- Related: Google expands hate speech policy re ads
- Not April Fools: Amazon’s new Echo Look has a built-in camera for style selfies | TechCrunch
- Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales launches Wikitribune, a large-scale attempt to combat fake news » Nieman Journalism Lab
- Google turns 'Hamilton' hype into a VR history lesson
- Twitter beats expects expectations: earnings 11 cents a share, vs 1 cent EPS expected
- A look at Travis Kalanick's risk taking, from his early startups to Uber
- Daring Fireball: On Uber’s ‘Identifying and Tagging’ of iPhones
- People are freaked out that Unroll.me sold email data to Uber - Business Insider
- Gruber: Unrollme heartbroken? Give me an f'ing break
- FCC chairman Ajit Pai announces plan to roll back Obama-era net neutrality regulations
- AT&T's faux 5G network launches in Austin
- Here’s Why Juicero’s Press is So Expensive – Bolt Blog
- Founder creates ultra-high-tech "Keurig of Juice." Turns out customers can simply squeeze the juice packets themselves.
- Google spinoff wants to gather detailed health data from 10k U.S. volunteers
- Related: apply here
- Google Home's latest feature turns it into your sous-chef
- 2017 Webby Awards: Lady Gaga, Kimmel’s Mean Tweets, and ‘Mr. Robot’ Among Winners