Apr 12th 2017
This Week in Google 400
Toot, Not Tweet
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, Stacey Higginbotham
Mastodon 101, Burger King Ad.
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
Burger King's new ad sets off Google Home on purpose. Mastodon is great, but it's not a Twitter killer. Facebook's $14 million investment in reputable news. How to keep from being dragged off a plane. Whatever happened to Google Books' plan to digitize all books?
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Juiced-Up Home Wi-Fi for $10 Extra a Month? It’s Coming.
- The Best Wi-Fi Mesh Networking Kits for Most People
- Related: This for a new Pixel phone?
- Jeff is curious: What do you think of Sentio?
- Facebook, Mozilla, Craig Newmark, others launch $14 million fund to support news integrity
- Real News - Jeff Jarvis on Medium
- A look at how 15-year-old Google Book Search has shrunk in ambition and scope, after prolonged legal battles
- Facebook faces increased publisher resistance to Instant Articles - Digiday
- Twitter Lite is a Progressive Web App that's designed for emerging markets
- Burger King’s new ad forces Google Home to advertise the Whopper
- Burger King's Dystopian New Ad Campaign Is Already a Cyanide and Toenail Clippings Disaster
- Twitter co-founder Ev Williams is selling 30 percent of his stock for ‘personal’ reasons
- Two Twitter execs left more than $35 million in stock awards on the table when they quit last year - Recode
- US govt ceases fire in legal spat with Twitter to unmask anti-Trump 'immigration official'
- Jeff Bezos doesn't want his Blue Origin passengers to poop or pee in space
- Jeff Bezos is selling $1 billion of Amazon stock each year to fund Blue Origin rocket venture
- NASA and Amazon will stream from space in 4K for the first time on April 26
- Bezos' letter about it always being Day 1
- Simone Giertz in Zero Gravity
- Moves against being dragged out of a United flight
- United inspired some terrible reporting
- Mastodon Is What Disruption Looks Like Right Before It Happens
- 1,001 Fun Ways Mastodon Could And Probably Will End Badly
- A Good Wi-Fi dimmer
- upcoming.org - it's Baaack
- WebSub (formerly PubSubHubbub) is CR
- Indiewebcamps coming up
- indieweb summit June 24-25, 2017 Portland, Oregon
- Windows 3.1 in WebVR
- Who's to blame for American polarization? Is it TV instead of social media?
- Autodraw: Fast Drawing for Everyone
- Vote for Triangulation at the Webbys!