YouTube TV launches in 5 US cities with a sports-heavy lineup that could end cable dominance once and for all. Google will combine Google Home and mesh Wi-Fi. Facial Recognition will end all privacy. Facebook, Mozilla, and Craigslist founders will fight fake news with new $14 million foundation. The American botnet that helps Trump take over Twitter. James Comey's personal Twitter account sleuthed.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- The Information: Google plans to release a Google Home with mesh networking
- Trump has officially ended federal online privacy rules
- Smart TV hack embeds attack code into broadcast signal—no access required
- Public Opinion on Privacy
- Facial recognition Facebook app hoax terrifies the internet
- Oversight Committee Finds FBI's Facial Recognition Database Still Filled With Innocent People, Still Wrong 15% Of The Time
- Never Mind The Russians, Meet The Bot King Who Helps Trump Win Twitter
- Facebook, Mozilla, Craig Newmark, others launch $14 million fund to support news integrity
- YouTube TV Launches in 5 Cities
- Mike's column on why YouTube TV matters
- Google Home is getting a bunch of new smart home integrations
- Visitors to the U.S. may have to hand over their phones and Facebook passwords before they get a visa
- Minnesota Senate votes 58-9 to pass Internet privacy protections in response to repeal of FCC privacy rules
- Excellent detective work! "This Is Almost Certainly James Comey’s Twitter Account"
- NFL and Amazon Reach One-Year Streaming Deal For About $50 Million
- Waze for Android Auto is finally on its way as beta testing prepares to kick off
- AOL and Yahoo will become Oath after merger closes
- Uber executive and Otto founder Anthony Levandowski invokes fifth amendment, seeking to avoid potential charges in Waymo's case
- Tesla Stock
- Ford Stock
- Amazon Stock
- Walmart Stock
- Staceys Thing: OXO Soap Dispensing Dish Brush Storage Set
- Staceys Thing: Fitstar
- Hulkamania! Or; How I made our office play personalized entrance theme music