Feb 22nd 2017
This Week in Google 393
Echo, Watch Roku
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, Stacey Higginbotham
Google's musical AI, Uber bro-grammers, doll that spies on you.
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
The Facebook funnel of distribution of the internet, the economics of attention with content, Uber "bro-grammers," Google uses machine learning for music, a doll that is capable of spying banned in Germany, and a browser for Philip Hue Lights.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Manifestos and Monopolies
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- The Chromium Projects
- Google Express
- Project Fi currently testing VoLTE calling for subset of subscribers
- Related: Google makese really blue bluejeans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai responds to seven-year-old girl's handwritten job application
- German parents told to destroy doll that can spy on children
- A Google mixed reality experiment puts a fake face on top of your VR headset
- No more free ride: Wall Street Journal pulls content out of Google’s “First Click Free” program
- Alexa, Siri, Cortana: The Problem With All-Female Digital Assistants
- This solar system of seven Earth-sized planets may be the best place to look for alien life
- Google’s AI Duet lets you make music with a virtual pianist
- 6 types of misinformation circulated this election season
- Ubiquity AmpliFi HD
- Google prevents 10m bad emails every minute
- 70% of Women's marchers heard about it via FB
- Quantmedia says Trump got $817 million free coverage in Jan
- Vivaldi Browser