Bacon reserves at a 50 year low. Our picks for the best tech billionaires' apocalypse bunker islands. Musical Trump tweets. Club Penguin shuts down. Super scary walking robots with wheels. Facebook de-verifies God. Google beats Q4 estimates; Facebook stomps all over them.
- Jeff's Number: 97% of voice apps are used for one week
- Stacey's Thing: Flash Forward Podcast
- Leo's Tool: June Oven
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Don’t believe the story about hackers locking guests in their rooms at a luxury hotel
- ICSA Labs
- Facebook lost its Oculus lawsuit and has to pay $500 million
- BREAKING: Facebook earnings out; ad rev up 53%
- Alphabet beats Q4 estimates with $26.06B revenue
- Report: Google AMP results in Google News more than double
- A Republican FCC Means You Will Have to Keep Renting Your Cable Box Forever
- Any lawful device: 40 years after the Carterfone decision
- Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics
- Hugo Barra joining Facebook as VP of VR
- Snap Is Working on Smarter Lenses
- Club Penguin, Disney's social network for kids that started in 2005, is shutting down
- Facebook unverifies God
- Google Home can remind you where you put your stuff
- Wood & leather covers for Google Home
- Fake News Is About to Get Even Scarier than You Ever Dreamed
- Doomsday Prep for the Super-Rich
- “The Origins of Totalitarianism“ is out of stock on Amazon
- The ACLU’s Huge Weekend Donations Haul Shows Twitter Activism Can Work
- American Civil Liberties Union joins Y Combinator's winter batch of startups, giving access to mentoring and Demo Day
- Welcome, ACLU
- RIP, “Six Strikes” Copyright Alert System
- Bacon Shortage? Calm Down. It’s Fake News.
- 97% of voice apps are used for one week
- Awesome podcast
- June Oven