Jan 4th 2017
This Week in Google 386
You Got Something Jammed in There Good
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis
Trump and the death of mass media.
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
Guests: Mathew Ingram
How targeted ads on Google and Facebook are affecting politics and destroying mass media. CES 2017: Alexa everywhere, Samsung's Chromebook Pro, Asus ZenFones, and Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835. Google Home's New Year Resolutions.
- Jeff's Number: Celebrity Telethon on Facebook Live vs. Trump inauguration
- Mathew's Stuff: From Tape Drives to Memory Orbs, the Data Formats of Star Wars Suck (Spoilers)
- Leo's Tool: Pre-register Super Mario Run for Android
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Zuck no longer an atheist
- Zuckerberg could run Facebook while serving in government forever
- Ev pivots Medium
- How Google and Facebook Have Taken Over the Digital Ad Industry
- Inside the Trump Bunker, With Days to Go
- P&G to Scale Back Targeted Facebook Ads (August 2016)
- Trump, ‘Lies’ and Honest Journalism
- All of 2016’s top mobile apps are owned by either Google or Facebook
- Winter is coming: prospects for the American press under Trump
- Japanese white-collar workers are already being replaced by artificial intelligence
- Google’s AI assistant has 5 New Year’s resolutions for you
- Recode Daily: Amazon’s Alexa-everywhere strategy is the big story at CES
- Alexa: Amazons Operating system
- Hyundai announces support for Google Home control of cars via Blue Link
- Ford, Toyota, and more form alliance to prevent Google and Apple from taking over the in-car experience
- CES: Samsung and Google Announce Chromebook Pro and Chromebook Plus, Start at $449
- Asus announces Tango, Daydream-ready ZenFone AR & dual-camera ZenFone 3 Zoom
- Google says ‘dozens’ of Tango-enabled apps are coming in the ‘next few months’
- Snapdragon 835 promises 27 percent more performance with 40 percent less power
- From Tape Drives to Memory Orbs, the Data Formats of Star Wars Suck (Spoilers)
- No smoking gun for Russian DNC hacks
- Google Tilt Brush virtual art