Trump meets with tech leaders. Yahoo reveals a new hack of 1 billion accounts. Google's self-driving division is now a new Alphabet company called Waymo. Google Assistant will add Actions on Google. Android Things, Google's IoT platform, gets a developer preview. Is Magic Leap a hoax?
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- As Trumplethinskin lets down his hair for tech, shame on Silicon Valley for climbing the Tower in silence
- Jack Dorsey, who created Donald Trump’s beloved Twitter, has not been invited to the tech summit. Sad!
- Here's the politico story about why Jack wasn't invited: an emoji
- Look who's at the table
- Get a load of the expressions on these faces
- Who sat where at the table
- Tim Cook photo at Trump meeting
- Yahoo discloses hack of 1 billion accounts
- Your Google Assistant is about to get smarter thanks to Actions on Google
- Google aqui-hires wearables startup Cronologics, makers of Alexa-powered CoWatch, to improve Android Wear
- Google debuts Android Things, a platform for building IoT devices with Google services and Android APIs, available today
- Google’s self-driving arm is spinning out of X and will be called Waymo
- Sources: Alphabet plans ride-sharing service with Fiat Chrysler, will deploy semi-autonomous version of the Chrysler Pacifica
- Uber’s launching self-driving cars for the San Francisco public today
- Google Employee Gifts: Charity, Not Gadgets
- Sources: Google has ramped up hiring of Republican lobbying firms and in-house lobbyists
- When every moment of childhood can be recorded and shared, what happens to childhood?
- So Uber’s Self-Driving Car Ran a Red Light in San Francisco
- John Markoff Retires From The New York Times
- Magic Leap is actually way behind, like we always suspected it was
- Razzle Dazzle Unicorn: Another Phoebe and Her Unicorn Adventure
- Staceys Gift Ideas
- top 10 recipe searches