Google Fiber cancels its expansion plans, lays off workers, and loses its head. AT&T merger - will zero listing its new DirecTV Now service help AT&T compete with Comcast? Google announces Jamboard, a connected digital whiteboard. Leo gives his Pixel impressions after a week of ownership.
- Mathew Ingram thinks Google Fiber may have already accomplished its true mission - forcing other ISPs to develop gigabit fiber.
- Jeff wants a Jamboard NOW.
- Leo loves his Pixel XL, but...
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google Fiber Blog: Advancing our amazing bet
- Google Fiber Cutting Jobs and Halting Rollout
- The head of Google’s Fiber business is leaving - Recode
- AT&T agrees in principle to buy Time Warner for $85 billion: sources | Reuters
- Clinton, Trump teams line up to block AT&T's Time Warner mega-buy
- DirecTV Now pricing: $35 a month, with more than 100 channels - Business Insider
- The ghost of AOL will haunt the Time Warner-AT&T deal
- AT&T's internet-only DirecTV service launches in November
- Has DirecTV Now Become a Loss Leader to Help Sell the AT&T-Time Warner Merger?
- Google announces Jamboard, a 55" stylus-enabled 4K touchscreen device with built-in HD camera
- The Pixel XL only costs Google $285 to make - CNET
- Was the Google Pixel built in a mere 9 months? It would explain a lot…
- Xiaomi blows minds with the Mi Mix, a nearly bezel-less smartphone
- 'Facebook 'most secure' for instant messaging services, says Amnesty
- AT&T Is Spying on Americans for Profit - The Daily Beast