Apr 20th 2016
This Week in Google 349
The Weekly Packet
Leo Laporte, Danny Sullivan, and Mike Elgan discuss the Weekly Packet of information. Life in Cuba, Facebook Bots, UC Davis' mistakes, Google Changelog, Magic Leap, and more...
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Maike in Cuba: Becoming Nomad Blog
- Google Charged With Breaking Europe’s Antitrust Rules
- Why I Won’t Live In Google/Alphabet’s TechUtopia
- Alphabet is plotting a digital city full of Google cars, high-speed Internet and maybe more!
- Facebook Chatbots Are Frustrating and Useless
- 6 Things That Definitely Sucked About Facebook’s New Shopping Bot
- How I sent Mark Zuckerberg flowers using a Facebook Messenger bot
- Google Play Music to out-compete Apple Music and Spotify?
- Google Play Music gets podcast support on Android and the Web
- Google Fiber wants to beam wireless Internet to your home
- Google claims YouTube ads are more effective than TV
- YouTube rolls out support for 360-degree live streams and spatial audio
- Five burning questions about Magic Leap after Wired's huge profile | The Verge
- The Untold Story of Magic Leap, the World’s Most Secretive Startup
- U.C. Davis Learns Downside of trying to Scrub Search Results.
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to Google book-scanning project
- Instagram on track to $3.2b revenue
- Google & The Black List Team To Fund Scripts Focused On Computer Science
- 10 big changes with search engines over my 20 years of covering them