Aug 20th 2014
This Week in Google 263
The Trouble with Trolls
Hosted by Jeff Jarvis, Leo Laporte
How do you solve the problem of internet trolls?
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
Guests: Gina TrapaniHosts:Leo Laporte, Gina Trapani, and Jeff Jarvis Guest:Mike Elgan Oppo's Oneplus One marketing strategy, the trouble with trolls, news coverage on social networks, and more! Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twig. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Also, check out our transcripts. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 1:50:22
- The trouble with trolls (and how to beat them)
- Zeynep on Twitter and net neutrality
- Defining the troll
- Internet Trolls Are Actually Sadists, Study Finds
- Google Now Offers Alternative Flights On Delayed Or Cancelled Flights
- Google Sheets gets copy & paste charts and trendlines
- Google adds "soul-enriching, breath-taking, life-affirming natural sights" of Iceland to Street View
- Direct link on Google Maps:
- Kevin Rose Steps Into Part-Time Role At Google Ventures To Build A New Startup Called North
- Why did SmartThings sell to Samsung?
- Cable Companies Sell More Broadband Than TV
- Time Inc. Rates Writers on How "Beneficial" They Are to Advertisers
- Friends+Me helps you to focus on Google+
- Photo Sphere Camera for iOS
- Just 10 stocks beat Google in the last decade
- Google now trades at 20 forward P/E vs 52 at IPO