Mar 2nd 2023
Tech News Weekly 275
The Clock Is Ticking on TikTok
Hosted by Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Flipboard, OpenAI API, Bluesky
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Mike McCue, Amanda Silberling
- Mike McCue, Co-Founder and CEO of Flipboard, joins the show to share how Flipboard is getting into the Fediverse by adding support for Mastodon in its app.
- Amanda Silberling of TechCrunch comes on to talk about a proposed bill called the Deterring America's Technological Adversaries ACT that would give President Biden the power to ban TikTok in the United States.
- Jason talks about OpenAI launching an API for ChatGPT and how businesses like Instacart and Instagram utilize it through OpenAI's dedicated capacity for enterprise customers.
- Finally, Mikah rounds things out with a demonstration of Bluesky, Jack Dorsey's Twitter alternative.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- The Future of Flipboard Is Federated
- Proposed bill would give Biden the power to ban TikTok
- OpenAI launches an API for ChatGPT, plus dedicated capacity for enterprise customers
- Snapchat launches an AI chatbot powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology
- Jack Dorsey-backed Twitter alternative Bluesky hits the App Store as an invite-only app
- The AT Protocol