Oct 31st 2013
Tech News Today 873
NSA Eats Your Fiber
NSA outrages Google with fiber tap, smartphones allowed during takeoff and landing, Sprint promises 1Gbps wireless, and more.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell NSA outrages Google with fiber tap, smartphones allowed during takeoff and landing, Sprint promises 1Gbps wireless, and more. Guest: Tom Krazit Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Please take the TWiT Audience Survey. It only takes a few minutes and we'd love to know what you think. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 47:03
- NSA infiltrates links to Yahoo, Google data centers worldwide, Snowden documents say
- Sprint introduces Spark enhanced LTE, promises unprecedented speed, futuristic app support
- New FAA Guidelines Permit More Device Use, All The Way From Take-Off To Landing
- Future Internet aims to sever links with servers
- Microsoft Bing tests ‘Hero’ ads in Windows 8.1 search results, jousting with Google
- Apple Looking Into Practical Solar Charging For Notebooks, iOS Devices
- Show notes for today's episode