Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell Why Microsoft bought Nokia's phone unit, Verizon bought itself, Acer touts first 4K smartphone, and more. Guests: Gina Trapani, Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 40:45
- Nokia: Selling phone business to Microsoft painful but necessary
- Here are the parts of Nokia that Microsoft ISN’T buying
- Verizon confirms $130 billion buyout of Vodafone's Verizon Wireless stake
- Spotify launches 'Connect,' lets you stream music to compatible speakers
- Amazon Pairs Print and Digital Books With New Program
- Acer announces 6-inch Liquid S2, 'first 4K-recording smartphone'
- Show notes for today's episode