Aug 16th 2013
Tech News Today 819
Let's Get It Arted in Here
NSA caught by self breaking own privacy rules, Sony signs Viacom to Internet TV, Samsung might win smartwatch race, and more.
Records every weekday at 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Iyaz Akhtar, and Jason Howell NSA caught by self breaking own privacy rules, Sony signs Viacom to Internet TV, Samsung might win smartwatch race, and more. Guests: Darren Kitchen and Len Peralta Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 52:34
- NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds
- WSJ: Sony looking to launch online cable competitor, in talks with Viacom, Disney
- Samsung Said to Unveil Wristwatch-Like Smartphone Next Month
- Nokia to launch Windows RT tablet in September, alleged pictures leak
- Canonical beats Pebble as the biggest crowdfunding campaign ever, hitting $10.3m for the Ubuntu Edge
- Mercedes Is Testing Google Glass Integration, and It Actually Works
- Show notes for today's episode