Apr 17th 2013
Tech News Today 734
Intel earnings mean cheaper Windows tablets, Can Google Play catch iOS App Store? Mayer's next step to Yahoo success, and more.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell Intel earnings mean cheaper Windows tablets, Can Google Play catch iOS App Store? Mayer's next step to Yahoo success, and more. Guest: Marshall Kirktpatrick Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 51:27
- Windows 8 touch devices to drop to $200, says Intel CEO
- App Annie: Google Play app revenue grew 90% in Q1 2013, but Apple’s App Store still saw 2.6 times more sales
- Yahoo’s Q1 2013 revenue of $1.14 billion doesn’t excite, but its $0.35 in EPS beats expectations
- Facebook Is Said to Hire Apple Maps Executive Amid Mobile Push
- Tiny lithium-ion battery recharges 1000x faster than rival tech, could shrink mobile devices
- Motorola Plans Stock Android Phones, Sized 'Just Right'
- Show notes for today's episode