Jan 31st 2013
Tech News Today 681
Now You CNET, Now You Don't
Is Facebook's Mobile strategy a winner? Did China hack the New York Times? Why Apple is the biggest threat to Valve's Steam, and more.
Records every weekday at 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific / 17:00 UTC.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell Is Facebook's Mobile strategy a winner? Did China hack the New York Times? Why Apple is the biggest threat to Valve's Steam, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 51:12
- Facebook beats expectations on strong mobile usage with $1.59B in Q4 revenue, non-GAAP EPS of $0.17
- Whoa: Tablet shipments now more than half that of the PC
- Chinese hackers attacked New York Times computers for four months
- Gabe Newell: Steam Box's biggest threat isn't consoles, it's Apple
- Lyft expands to LA after interim agreement with California regulators to support its legal operation
- Dropbox moves beyond simple file management with social photo sharing, albums, and document previews
- CES Adds DISH’s Hopper with Sling as “Best of Show” Joining the Razer Edge as Co-Winners of Top Prize of 2013 “Best of CES” Awards
- Show notes for today's episode