Oct 15th 2012
Tech News Today 607
The Dark Social Rises
Xbox Music forces you into Win8, Japan's Softbank buys Sprint, 8 million people watch spaceman fall, and more.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell Xbox Music forces you into Win8, Japan's Softbank buys Sprint, 8 million people watch spaceman fall, and more. Guest: Myke Hurley Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 50:55
- Xbox Music launches Tuesday on Xbox 360, will come pre-installed on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Softbank Confirms It Is Buying 70% Of Sprint For $20.1B, Creating World’s Third Largest Mobile Carrier By Sales
- Skydiver Baumgartner sets YouTube live view record
- Dark Social: We Have the Whole History of the Web Wrong
- Apple reportedly reduces Samsung's role in A6 chip production, decreases dependency on its biggest rival
- Amazon in talks to buy TI mobile chip arm: paper
- Show notes from today's episode