Apr 9th 2012
Tech News Today 475
Stop The Boat Pirates
Facebook drops $1 billion on Instagram, AOL grabs $1 billion of Microsoft's dough for patents, how iPad might be like Aspirin, and more.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Iyaz Akhtar and Jason Howell Facebook drops $1 billion on Instagram, AOL grabs $1 billion of Microsoft's dough for patents, how iPad might be like Aspirin, and more. Guest: Rafe Needleman Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 40:59
- Why Facebook plunked down $1 billion to buy Instagram
- AOL sells patents to Microsoft in $1.1 billion deal
- Lumia 900 Tops Online Sales, Network Connectivity Issues Reported
- AT&T's iPhone unlock process accomplished through Apple's iTunes
- Ailing giant Sony to axe 10,000 jobs worldwide after four years in the red
- Analyst downgrades Apple stock over market concerns, high expectations
- Show notes