Security firm Duo showed its research at the Ekoparty security conference that demonstrates how the firmware on a large number of Macs isn’t getting any updates, either due to a lack of updates being offered by Apple, or due to a silently failing update procedure.
Sources tell TechCrunch that Google is working on a home assistant with a touch screen, like the Amazon Show. This would explain why they cut off Amazon's access to YouTube this week.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced that it has signed a contract to bring the world’s largest lithium ion battery to South Australia with a 100-day deadline, lest the battery be completely free.
Also at the International Astronautical Congress, Musk announced his grand plans to get to mars in giant reusable space ships...in the next five years.
Plus, Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica is here to talk about his SNES, Cuphead, and Loot.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Study shows 4.2% of Macs running insecure firmware; High Sierra addresses issue
- Google is building a smart screen competitor to Amazon’s Echo Show
- Musk’s 100-Day Race to Biggest Battery Starts in South Australia
- Elon Musk revealed a new plan to colonize Mars with giant reusable spaceships — here are the highlights
- BFR | Earth to Earth
- Get a glimpse of the music behind ultra-hard platformer ‘Cuphead’
- Loot boxes have reached a new low with Forza 7’s “pay to earn” option
- TRUMP’S FCC COMMISSIONER CALLS ON APPLE TO ‘ACTIVATE’ IPHONE FM ANTENNAS THAT NO LONGER EXIST
- The Commodore 64 is getting its own tiny retro console