This week the Federal Communications Commission in the US said Americans might not need high speed internet access at home through cable or fiber, and that smartphone access is just fine. SoundCloud narrowly escaped demise with last minute funding and the requirement for CEO Alexander Ljung to step aside. Sarahah is a new anonymous social media messaging app that's intended to enhance your areas of strength. Mikah Sargent from iMore joins us to discuss his experience with the app. And Georgia Dow gives her unique perspective on all of today's tech news.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai canceled an all-hands meeting about gender controversy due to employee worries of online harassment
- Sundar Pichai Should Resign as Google’s C.E.O.
- Why I Was Fired by Google
- FCC faces backlash for saying Americans might not need fast home Internet
- SoundCloud Saved By The Bell Of A Big Chunk Of Financing
- Mikah Sargent
- In China, Facebook Tests the Waters With a Stealth App
- Consumer Reports' Surface Laptop flap is based on data from past Surface models
- Netflix discussing keeping Disney's Marvel, 'Star Wars' films
- Bill Gates