The new Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is flatter than the curvy Galaxy S with bezels that extend out to protect against scratches and drops, a shatterproof screen, polycarbonate backside, and a sizeable 4,000mAh battery. It comes exclusively to AT&T later this week.
Youtube is rolling out a new sharing feature to its Android and iOS app that will allow users to share videos with their contacts in a new chat interface inside the app. Those in the chatroom can then invite others to the chat for a total of 30 people.
Netflix announced its first ever acquisition: Millarworld, an independent comic house responsible for Kick-Ass, Kingsman, and Wanted to name a few. Comic lovers rejoice.
Plus, Amazon has a number of brands of its own though you may never realize it, Amazon Echo gets some new music playback features to match playlists to moods or activities, and Sam Abuelsamid joins Ron Richards and I to talk about Foxconn's possible investment in Michigan as it hopes to bring autonomous vehicle R&D to the states.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Samsung just announced a more durable version of its Galaxy S8 smartphone with a bigger battery
- Personal Audio loses its appeal for podcasting patent
- YouTube adds mobile chat, because Google doesn’t have enough messaging apps
- Netflix’s first ever acquisition is indie comic book publisher Millarworld
- Amazon owns a whole collection of secret brands
- iPhone 8 could scan your face even if your phone is on a table
- Foxconn in Michigan
- Alexa Just Made It Even Easier to Find the Right Music on Echo