Twitter released its quarterly earnings, and things aren’t looking so hot on the user growth side of things. Kurt Wagner from Recode joins us to pick the numbers apart.
Amazon reported earnings today and CEO Jeff Bezos also made news with his own earnings. For a brief shining moment, Bezos was the new richest person in the world, with a small fortune of 90 billion dollars, beating out Bill Gates. The surge in Bezos's wealth was not due to him opening an Instagram account, which he did this week, but because of a surge in Amazon shares ahead of the earnings reports. But when the earnings report failed to meet expectations, Bezos fell back to the #2 spot.
Kate Conger from Gizmodo talks about her discovery of an Uber shell company.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- You have to look past the tanking stock, but here is the good news from today’s Twitter earnings.
- Jeff Bezos woke up the world’s richest man—and will go to sleep in second place
- Samsung Posts Record Profit After Tough Year
- Senate bill would stop police from obtaining emails and location data without a warrant
- Sens. Lee, Leahy, and Others Introduce the Email Privacy Act
- Meet The Shell Company Uber Used to Acquire Otto
- Apple is officially killing the iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle