Microsoft announced Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which will connect across all your devices, and it will look better with a new framework called Fluent Design. Microsoft's new cloud clipboard will let you paste something you're working on from your Windows 10 PC to almost any device you move to, including your iPhone or your Android phone.
Researchers have discovered that certain HP laptops are keylogging unbeknownst to users, due to an audio device driver by Conexant. The driver keeps a log of keystrokes stored on the C drive, including IDs, passwords, contacts, and pretty much anything typed out at any time. No word on a fix at this point.
Google has announced the acquisition of Owlchemy Labs. That's the VR studio that makes the popular game Job Simulator and the new Rick and Morty virtual reality game. Owlchemy will join Google's Daydream division, but they say they'll create games across many different platforms.
Plus, the Lighthouse interactive assistant can keep tabs of who is in your house and who doesn't belong there, Amazon is eating legacy retail stores for lunch, Nectar brings the liquor pour spout into the IoT age, and Eric Geller from Politico talks about President Trump's newly signed cybersecurity executive order.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Microsoft announces Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- itunes on windows store
- Microsoft's new cloud clipboard lets you paste from a Windows 10 PC to an iPhone
- Lighthouse is an Andy Rubin-backed smart security camera that identifies people and pets
- Welcoming Owlchemy Labs to Google
- HP laptops covertly log user keystrokes, researchers warn
- Macy's Falls Most Since 2008 as Contagion Spreads Across Retail
- How Amazon is crushing rivals like Walmart in a burgeoning tech war over the future of retail
- Trump signs long-awaited cyber order, launching hacking defense review
- Nectar launches ultrasound-equipped pour spouts to save bar owners money