Microsoft held its anticipated Education event this morning, where they showed off a new streamlined version of their OS, Windows 10 S for education. Microsoft also revealed the Surface Laptop, a $999 touchscreen laptop with a striking design, and Windows 10 S pre-installed.
Other Microsoft announcements today include an update to Teams, also designed for students with emoji, stickers, and GIFs. Plus, the Minecraft Education Edition will now include Code Builder that works with existing education platforms like Tynker and ScratchX.
T-mobile was the big winner in last month’s spectrum auction, and has now unveiled what it plans to do with it. T-mobile plans to use that spectrum to become the first major nationwide 5G network, with a focus on improving its reach as opposed to faster speeds.
We also discuss Apple's earnings, the humans who make Google's machine magic work, and more partners for Twitter's new media network. Plus, a new gadget for those of you who still haven't thrown away your mixtapes.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Microsoft sparks new war with Google with, er, $999+ lappies for kids
- Microsoft’s Slack competitor is designed to hook students with emoji, stickers, and GIFs
- T-Mobile wants to build the first nationwide 5G network
- Apple Reports Second Quarter Results
- Twitter still thinks it’s a TV platform — and here are its dozen new shows
- The secret lives of Google raters
- The Elbow cassette player concept is as impractical as a cassette tape