Mar 20th 2017
Tech News Today 1728
Hip Hop-Sized Hole
Drake's new album "More Life" sets streaming records on Apple Music and Spotify. On Apple Music, "More Life" was streamed 89.9 million times in the first 24 hours of its release. On Spotify, it was streamed 61.3 million times in the first 24 hours. The album dropped on both apps on Saturday the 18th, setting new release day record for both services.
Uber-President Jeff Jones announced his departure from the company, the latest top exec to flee the scandal-ridden company. Jones was previously a CMO at Target and told Kara Swisher at Recode that the beliefs and approach to leadership that have guided his career are inconsistent with what he saw and experienced at Uber.
Instagram now lets you save your own live videos to your camera roll. On Monday the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing app rolled out the new feature via an app update. Periscope, Facebook and YouTube have let users do this for a long time now. Unlike on those other services, there's still no way to let your followers see your live video once a stream has ended. Unless of course you upload your video to your profile page, the old-fashioned way.
We also talk about how often Google has to apologize for its algorithms, whether or not we need Samsung's new digital assistant, and Matt Haughey, founder of Metafilter tells us about his experience with Defy Ventures, and organization that goes into prisons to teach entrepreneurship.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Drake’s More Life shatters streaming records with 89.9 million streams on Apple Music in 24 hours
- Here are some of the LGBTQ+ videos blocked by YouTube’s wonky “Restricted Mode”
- Uber president Jeff Jones is quitting, citing differences over ‘beliefs and approach to leadership’
- New: Save Your Live Video to Your Phone
- Samsung unveils Bixby, its Siri competitor
- Apple’s Next Big Thing: Augmented Reality
- Going to prison with Defy Ventures
- VOLUNTEER WITH DEFY VENTURES
- Matt Haughey