Early this morning Twitter announced fourth quarter and fiscal year 2016 results. User growth slowed, revenue slowed, and shares of the stock plummeted. This is normally the biggest quarter for advertising yet Twitter's ad revenue still sunk.
A new Cortana feature is coming to Windows 10 that will remind you that you’ve made a promise to someone in an email, when the time is right. The feature will initially support Outlook and Office 365 accounts, with support for more email services at a later date.
Microsoft has convinced a Federal Judge to allow the company to sue the Department of Justice to protect the privacy of its customers. Microsoft wants to take the DOJ to court to claim that gag orders are overbroad and in violation of the First Amendment.
Taser International acquired a startup called Dextro that analyzes video to make it discoverable, searchable, and curatable. The artificial intelligence will be used to analyze and sort through Police body cam footage.
- Kurt Wagner from Recode shares his thoughts on Snap's IPO from last week, and how the company is beholden to Amazon and Google.
- Josh Constine from TechCrunch details Facebook's updated Safety Check feature that allows locals to offer direct support to those in crisis.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Twitter Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Results
- How the forgetfulness of one of Microsoft's top scientists inspired a killer new feature for Windows 10
- Microsoft Allowed to Sue U.S. Government Over E-mail Surveillance
- There's a good chance that the Google Play marketplace will soon have fewer apps — and that's by Google's design.
- The largest maker of police body cameras has figured out a way to finally analyze its petabytes of footage
- Here’s our first public look at Snap’s private business.
- Snap’s IPO numbers look a lot more like Twitter’s than Facebook’s
- Snap disclosed the deal in a revised version of its S-1 made public Thursday.
- Facebook Safety Check now lets locals find and offer Community Help like shelter
- Google Assistant on Pixel gets proper home control with multi-room support, no Google Home required