Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will resign from Yahoo’s board of Directors along with cofounder David Filo and four other board members when and if the sale to Verizon goes through. Also, as Verizon will be purchasing Yahoo's core business, the remaining investment company that won’t be going to Verizon will be renamed “Altaba.”
Leading up to the opening of the North American Auto Show in Detroit, John Krafcik from Google's Waymo showed off an entirely new sensor suite for its self-driving minivans that are set to hit the streets for test drives this month.
This week Volkswagen showed off the VW ID Buzz concept to bring its microbus into the 21st century with a fully electric version that includes full self-driving capabilities. The bus can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5 seconds, with a range of 270 miles.
Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan says thieves stole two prototypes of the project Valerie three-screen laptop from CES. Razer will offer 25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves.
Sources say that Facebook will soon begin testing mid-roll video ads. Facebook will sell the ads and then share the revenue with publishers, giving them 55 percent of the take.
- Stephen Hacket from 512pixels discusses the ten year anniversary of the announcement of the original iPhone.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Yahoo says Marissa Mayer will leave board after Verizon deal closes, will operate under new name Altaba
- Google’s new self-driving minivans will be hitting the road at the end of January 2017
- Google Spin-off Waymo Set To Become Full-Fledged Automated Driving Provider
- Facebook is going to start showing ads in the middle of its videos and sharing the money with publishers
- Somebody stole two of the coolest products from CES 2017
- Volkswagen just unveiled a self-driving, electric microbus concept with a range of 270 miles
- Volkswagen Bulli Concept
- Some iPhone Reading
- iPhone: A Decade’s Worth of Impact
- iPhone First Impressions
- iXCC 50W 5 USB Multi Ports Cup Holder Fast Car Charger