Tim Stevens from CNET Roadshow joins Megan Morrone and Jason Howell to talk about all of the biggest stories from 2016 in the auto technology space. General Motors invested heavily in Lyft to secure its own spot in the race to ride hailing. Tesla unveiled the consumer-friendly Model 3, and people were willing to wait years to get one. Comma.ai unveiled its self driving car kits, only to pull them when NHTSA asked for safety information. Android Auto aimed to make phone technology in the car a bit safer. Uber began to test its self-driving fleet in Pittsburg, Ohio. Chevrolet showcased its Bolt, though it met a number of delays on the way to market.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- General Motors, Gazing at Future, Invests $500 Million in Lyft
- General Motors can’t beat the Uber economy, so it’s joining instead
- Google and Fiat Chrysler team up for 'first of its kind' self-driving car project
- Tesla's mass-market Model 3 stands poised to shake up the industry
- $50 million 'Smart City Challenge' finalists announced at SXSW
- George Hotz promised to end capitalism in a manic sermon at SXSW
- Hacker founder would rather build tech than deal with regulators and lawyers.
- Comma.ai, still kicking, open sources self-driving cars
- Infamous iPhone jailbreaker Geohot is taking on Tesla.
- You don't need an Android Auto-compatible car to use Android Auto anymore
- Tesla driver dies in first fatal crash while using autopilot mode
- Here’s What It’s Like to Ride In Uber’s Self-Driving Car
- Uber had passengers waive liability in case of injury, death in self-driving cars
- Uber just bought this self-driving truck startup created by former Googlers - take a look inside its HQ
- Uber’s self-driving cars are already getting into scrapes on the streets of Pittsburgh
- Self-driving trucks: what's the future for America's 3.5 million truckers?
- How Otto Defied Nevada and Scored a $680 Million Payout from Uber
- GM may lose $9,000 per Bolt EV to advance the industry
- Chevy Bolt Ordering Delayed By Three Months: Report
- Honda's second-gen Clarity Fuel Cell is so clean you could drink from it
- Honda's Alternative Trifecta: Clarity Will Be First Car To Offer Fuel Cell, Plug-In And Battery-Powered Versions
- Nikola One, America's first hydrogen-powered semi, is straight outta the future