The EU's highest court ruled that indiscriminate collection of citizen emails is illegal. Collection resulting from serious crimes like terrorism would still be justified, according to the ruling. Challenges to the law are expected as a result of the ruling.
A new House Judiciary Encryption Working Group report says weakening encryption with backdoors would be against the national interest. The group says the issue of encryption-forcing criminals to "go dark” is overblown. Many are seeing this as a victory for Apple in their fight with the FBI that began back in February of this year.
Twitter CTO Adam Messinger joins the ever growing list of executives to leave the company this year. Also departing is VP of Product Josh McFarland, who announced he’s joining venture capital firm Greylock Partners.
TechCrunch says Uber is on course to lose nearly 3 billion dollars in 2016, despite explosive revenue growth and the sale of its chinese market. The ride-hailing service has not gone public yet, and with a 68 billion dollar valuation, it's currently the world’s most valuable private company.
The White House released a report about artificial intelligence concluding that millions of jobs occupied by lower-skilled workers will be replaced by AI leading to a widening divide in socioeconomic classes, yet will ultimately lead to a better economy with more efficient production of goods, higher average wages and fewer hours for workers.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- EU's highest court delivers blow to UK snooper's charter
- Congressional group says backdoor laws would do more harm than good
- Encryption App ‘Signal’ Fights Censorship With a Clever Workaround
- Twitter’s CTO Adam Messinger is leaving the company along with VP of product Josh McFarland
- Here are all the Twitter executives who flew the coop in 2016
- Uber losses expected to hit $3 billion in 2016 despite revenue growth
- Uber just added Snapchat filters and friend locators to its app
- Artificial intelligence could cost millions of jobs. The White House says we need more of it.
- Best Wireless Earbuds: Apple’s AirPods (Yes, Those Ugly Things)
- French drones to deliver the mail once per week