The New York Times says that Russian Hackers gained access to the emails of DNC campaign chairman John Podesta as a result of a typo, when a phishing email was passed along claiming it was "legitimate" and not "illegitimate." Podesta clicked on the link in the phishing email and the rest is history.
Oculus CEO Brendan EE-REEB is stepping down to lead the newly revitalized PC group, while head of software Jon Thomason will lead the new mobile division. Both will work alongside Mike Schroepfer, CTO of Facebook, to ultimately select a new CEO for the company.
Apple's AirPods are finally on sale for $159, though you won't get them by Christmas because they're already back-ordered to at least 4 weeks. But an official press release says they'll arrive in stores next week.
Google is formalizing its efforts with the Internet of Things by rebranding its Brillo IoT platform as Android Things. Developers can get going with the SDK preview along with supported developer kits that include the Raspberry Pi 3, the Intel Edison, and the NXP Pico.
Microsoft is bringing Cortana to all the devices in your home with the 2017 Creators Update. Talk to your smart fridge, your internet connect lights, your wired toothbrush, and even a newly announced Harmon Kardon voice activated speaker early next year.
- Mike Murphy from Quartz discusses Google's announcement that its autonomous car project has graduated to its own Alphabet entity called Waymo.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S.
- Brendan Iribe Is No Longer CEO of Oculus, Now Leads PC-Focused VR Team Within Facebook (Update)
- AirPods Launch on Apple Store for $159 With December 21 Delivery
- Apple Says BeatsX Earphones Delayed Until February
- Jabra Elite Sport review:
- Google launches first developer preview of Android Things, its new IoT platform
- Developer Kits
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to IoT devices with screens in 2017
- Microsoft wants to put Cortana in your living room with Harman Kardon speaker
- Google is spinning its self-driving car project out into its own company
- Google Said to Plan Ride-Sharing Service With Fiat Chrysler
- Wireless vehicle-to-vehicle communication would be required in new cars under proposed DOT rule
- Tinder is now on Apple TV to help you find a date from your television set