Sources at The Information say that troubled smart watch maker Pebble might soon be acquired by FitBit for somewhere between 34 and 40 million dollars.
Shakil Barkat, head of global product development for Motorola, says that Lenovo Motorola isn’t planning on releasing a new Motorola 360 smartwatch anytime soon.
A differentiator of the Moto Z line of smartphones is the ability to snap add-ons called Moto Mods to the phone, bringing new functionality to the phone. Motorola says there might be a Project Tango module soon.
The Verge says to expect new Nokia headsets in 2017, and they'll be running Android.
Mark Gurman and Alan Levin at Bloomberg have the scoop that Apple is assembling a robotics and data analysis team to utilize drones for outdoor mapping.
App and stuff search engine Product Hunt was just acquired by AngelList a company dedicated to helping startups with fundraising and recruiting.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Fitbit To Buy Pebble
- Moto pushes off smartwatches indefinitely
- Report: Google to sell its own Android Wear watch in early 2017
- The Moto Z series could get Google's world-sensing Tango tech
- Nokia's phones return with Android in early 2017
- Apple Said to Fly Drones to Improve Maps Data and Catch Google
- Product Hunt + AngelList
- Small revving single-cylinder engine from paper
- RESEARCHERS ACCIDENTALLY MAKE BATTERIES LAST 400 TIMES LONGER