Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will begin to sell its cars on Amazon in Italy where the Panda is the company's biggest selling car. FCA will be offering a sweetened deal to online buyers, and is targeting those who might be adventurous enough to buy their cars online.
Many 2014 iPhone 6 and 6 pluses have been suffering from what the internet has dubbed "Touch Disease," which has symptoms of flashing grey bars, flickering screens and failing touch screens. Now Apple announced it will fix the problem, for the low low price of $150.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled solar roof tiles a few weeks ago, making the claim that the high-efficiency solar cell glass tiles would be priced competitively, once energy savings is factored in. But after a shareholder meeting this week, Musk stated his confidence in those solar tiles actually costing less than a traditional roof, even before any energy production savings are factored in.
Tesla is aiming to begin installations by Summer 2017. A new report from the Center on American Progress says autonomous cars could reduce the environmental impact of driving, or it could increase. We need more research on efficiency, potential miles traveled, and impact on congestion before we start spreading the word that self-driving cars will solve all of our problems. A lot of that will depend on whether or not those robot cars are electric.
The $30,000 electric Chevy Bolt was supposed to come out nationwide this Fall, but GM now says the Bolt (not to be confused with the Hybrid Volt, with a V) will roll out slowly in 2017. The car will come out only in Oregon and California at the very end of 2016.
- Nabanita De talks FiB, a new Chrome extension that she and other students created at the Princeton Hackathon in 36 hours that might help Facebook fix its fake news problem.
- Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica talks about Google Earth on the HTC Vive, and playing the new game Watch Dogs 2, about hackers in San Francisco.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Fiat Chrysler teams up with Amazon to sell cars online leftright 2/2leftright
- Apple Launches 'Touch Disease' Repair Program for iPhone 6 Plus
- Tesla’s solar roof to cost less than a regular roof – even before energy production, says Elon Musk
- So, Nobody Knows How Much Self-Driving Cars Will Pollute
- GM officially gives up on nationwide launch of the Chevy Bolt EV, now commits to ‘slow’ ramp up in 2017
- VR’s killer app has arrived, and it’s Google Earth
- Watch Dogs 2 will hack your open-world gaming expectations
- Google's DeepMind AI gets a few new tricks to learn faster
- Reinforcement learning with unsupervised auxiliary tasks