Megan Morrone and Jason Howell discuss how Google might be giving the Nexus branding the boot for its upcoming smartphones. Facebook's Trending News feature hits a major snag right after letting its algorithms command the feature. Amazon data could someday predict food recalls and save you from getting sick. Apple is facing a major tax bill in Ireland, and other companies could be next. Finally, Parrot unveiled a new drone that will remind you of an X-Wing fighter.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- The end of Nexus: This year's Google phones to forge new path
- Facebook's editorial purge has completely backfired
- Sonos partners with Amazon, Spotify for enhanced music control
- Confessions of an ex-Facebook trending news curator: 'They are just going to get rid of the product altogether'
- This Startup Is Using Deep Learning to Make Self-Driving Cars More Like Humans
- Will Pedestrians Be Able to Tell What a Driverless Car Is About to Do?
- FCC admits defeat in municipal broadband, won’t appeal court loss
- broadband law
- Could Amazon reviews keep you from getting sick? Researchers analyze text to predict food recalls
- What Apple’s $14.5 Billion Tax Bill Really Means
- In Apple’s Wake, Facebook’s Tax Arrangements in Ireland Raise Questions
- I HAVE THE POWER OF A PLANE AND THE EASE OF A QUADRICOPTER