Twitter is once again under fire for creating an environment that is ripe for the picking when it comes to harassment and trollish behavior. The Verge is reporting that Ad Block Plus has offered a workaround to Facebook's block of ad blockers. Later this week at Usenix security conference in Austin, researchers will reveal two vulnerabilities of nearly every Volkswagon model since 1995. Cyber Squirrel 1 is a Twitter account and a website that catalogs all unclassified Cyber Squirrel Operations that have been released to the public. In other words, they monitor animal disruptions of technological infrastructure. Plus, does the rise of Pokemon Go mean that we need an augmented reality code of ethics? Finally, how to make a robotic arm out of a Keurig.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Inside Twitter’s 10-Year Failure To Stop Harassment
- Twitter Rules
- Adblock Plus has already defeated Facebook's new ad blocking restrictions
- Adblock Plus and (a little) more
- A New Wireless Hack Can Unlock 100 Million Volkswagens
- Meet CyberSquirrel1, the Most Terrifying (and Reassuring) Twitter Account on the Internet
- Clueless Hackers
- Augmented Reality Games Like Pokémon Go Need a Code of Ethics—Now
- Spurious Correlations
- Watch this guy make a bionic hand out of a coffee machine