Just one year ago emerged a would-be competitor to Amazon’s massive e-commerce behemoth. Jet.com launched last July, armed with more than $500 million of venture funding, and in one month became the #4 marketplace online in terms of sales...beating out Best Buy, Newegg, Sears and others. But it’s aim was to beat Amazon at its own game, and now, Walmart is apparently in talks to buy Jet.com which would signal defeat in its ambitions. Tesla reports earnings, Moon Express wants to monetize moon rocks, and an update on yesterday's report regarding the security of Telegram. Plus, Father Robert Ballecer reports live from the floor of Black Hat. Finally, a bus in China that straddles cars.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Wal-Mart in Talks to Buy Web Retailer Jet.com
- Tesla misses Q2 earnings, delivers 14,402 vehicles
- Moon Express is the first private company to get regulatory approval to land on the moon
- Apple makes slight progress on diversity while its rivals are making practically none
- Keep Calm and Send Telegrams!
- After DNC Breach, Clinton Campaign Holds Fundraiser at Hacker Conference
- China finally built an elevated bus that straddles traffic and it's totally bizarre