The Chinese ride-hailing market is a tough nut to crack and Uber admitted defeat today by selling its China business to its rival Didi Chuxing. Tesla announced that it has agreed to buy SolarCity, the solar company that up until recently Elon Musk had a stake in, though is currently led by his cousin Lyndon Rive. The Xbox Summer Update is rolling out today to users of the Xbox One and it's packing a feature that’s been in the Preview version since early June: Cortana. The Olympics start Friday and for the first time ever NBC, who owns the rights, is loosening their death grip on distributing content. Plus, Ian Kar from Quartz.com comes on to talk about the chip card transition disaster.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- In Deal With Didi, Uber Frees Itself to Expand in Other Markets
- Tesla and SolarCity Agree to $2.6 Billion Deal
- New York governor bars sex offenders from playing Pokémon Go
- Cortana on the Xbox One Is Good for Gamers
- Remote country desperate for Google Street View enlists sheep with cameras
- You’ll be able to watch Olympics highlights on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- The chip card transition in the US has been a disaster
- Police unlock dead man’s phone with his recreated fingertips