Samsung has had a tough couple of years, but that seems to be changing with the company's second quarter earnings. Alphabet's stock is up after beating expectations in their quarterly earnings today. Amazon reported its third straight quarter of record profits. Molly McHugh talks about Facebook's death grip on your birthday and an app that's a lot like Pokemon Go...but for picking up dog poop.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Strong Galaxy S7 sales push Samsung to biggest profits in over two years
- IDC: Smartphone shipments flat for second quarter in a row; Samsung widens lead over Apple in Q2 2016
- Google beats, stock pops
- Amazon Posts Another Blockbuster Profit
- Technology and Cars
- Apple Hires BlackBerry Talent With Car Project Turning to Self-Driving Software
- Apple’s Hard-Charging Tactics Hurt TV Expansion
- Free Windows 10 upgrades end tomorrow
- The Big Business of Birthdays
- So it has come to this: An app that finds someone to pick up your dog’s poop