We're still waiting for Tesla's master plan, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it. We also discuss Facebook's announcement that over 1 billion people use Messenger every month. That makes it the most popular app on iOS ever, except for Facebook itself which lays claim to 1.5 billion monthly users. According to TechCrunch we send 17 billion photos, 1 billion messages, 380 million stickers, 22 million GIFs, and 10 percent of all VOIP calls using Facebook Messenger. Facebook also owns WhatsApp, another member of the three comma club when it comes to monthly users. Today AirBnB said they plan to get some serious help with the #AirBnBWhileBlack problem from none other than former Attorney General Eric Holder. Selena Larson explores how app developers are working on ways to use your iPhone to manage PTSD, bipolar, and more. Iain Thomson discusses how Microsoft is too grabby with our data, and the amazing street art that two artists created with Google sheets.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Facebook Messenger hits 1 billion users
- Apple patches
- Airbnb Taps Ex-Attorney General Holder to Fix Its Bias Problem
- ISS chases the Dragon
- Japan Will Make Its Last-Ever VCR This Month
- Apple's ResearchKit has turned the iPhone and Apple Watch into powerful tools for mental health testing
- mood challenge
- Microsoft Azure doubles up to $800m a quarter – and is wiped out by dying phone sales
- Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10
- Betcha Didn't Know You Could Do THIS In Google Sheets!