The first US venture-backed tech IPO rose 92 percent today in its inaugural day of trading. MIT Technology Review discovered earlier this week that Apple’s iOS 10 beta had an unencrypted kernel. Apple says "We meant to do that!" Plus, Boston Dynamics has a new robot, and we talk to Charles Pulliam-Moore about #AirBnBWhileBlack.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Twilio is hosting a live coding session on the New York Stock Exchange floor to watch its IPO open high
- iOS 10 beta still encrypts user data, but not the kernel
- Facebook Live grows up with two-person broadcasts and waiting rooms for viewers
- Google+ adds new mask effects for Hangouts, so go turn yourself into a cat
- Boston Dynamics made a robot dog that can do your dishes
- Should Your Driverless Car Hit a Pedestrian to Save Your Life?
- Airbnb Vows to Fight Racism, but Its Users Can’t Sue to Prompt Fairness
- Meet the man behind Innclusive, a response to AirBnb’s discrimination problem
- Cable TV stations speeding up ‘Seinfeld,’ ‘Friends,’ ‘Wizard of Oz’ reruns to cram in more ads: report
- Smartphone users temporarily blinded after looking at screen in bed