Magic Leap is the elusive augmented reality technology that we've been hearing about and seen videos of for years. Today, Wired has video shot directly through Magic Leap technology and it features none other than the cast of Star Wars. Peter Rubin at Wired says Magic Leap and Lucasfilm have entered a strategic alliance to create mixed reality technology together. Apple’s upcoming iOS 10 will include the ability to remove its core apps from the device, although in actuality they aren't fully deleted. We also talk about Microsoft's purchase of Wand Labs and Didi vs. Uber. Next, we talk to Charles Pulliam-Moore about his article in Fusion regarding the black hacktivist in WatchDogs 2. We're also joined by Molly McHugh from The Ringer to talk about how Snapchat keeps stealing filters from make-up artists.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Magic Leap’s Next Move? Bringing C-3PO to Your House
- Deleting Apple’s pre-installed apps in iOS 10 doesn’t actually ‘delete’ them
- Microsoft Boosts Its Chatbot Future By Acquiring Wand Labs
- Why Uber’s Chinese nemesis Didi Chuxing just raised $7 billion more
- Racist gamers are pissed that the hero of Ubisoft’s ‘Watch Dogs 2’ is a black hacktivist
- Response From Snapchat to Our Story
- Android N to be called Namey McNameface, Google jokingly confirms