May 19th 2016
Tech News Today 1517
Uber in the Driverless Seat
Tonight we explore Uber's foray into self-driving cars. The ride-hailing company has confirmed that it's testing its self-driving Ford Fusion on the streets of Pittsburgh. The test car from Uber’s Advanced Technologies Center is a hybrid and will be collecting mapping data while it puts self-driving mode to the test. Next we talk Google. Chromebooks outsold Macs for the first time and soon they'll run Android apps. Lindsey Turrentine, Editor-in-Chief of CNET is here to talk about The Smart Home. Next, Jordan Golson talks Tesla, Volvo, and the TSA. And finally, Kari Paul from Quartz explains what happens when people nickle and dime each other with an App.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Uber's self-driving car to hit the streets of Pittsburgh
- TeslaCrypt shuts down and Releases Master Decryption Key
- One million Android apps are coming to Chromebooks
- Chromebooks outsold Macs for the first time in the US
- Google Home vs. Amazon Echo: Why Home could win
- The TSA will ruin your summer vacation and no one can agree on a fix
- Tesla paid $55 per hour to factory builders
- Volvo's new 40 series small car concepts look phenomenal
- Venmo is turning our friends into petty jerks
- New robot bee may soon be a spy's secret weapon