Apr 4th 2016
Tech News Today 1484
The Big Data Election
Dan Patterson from TechRepublic joins Jason Howell to discuss how the US election is utilizing big data and social media in unprecedented ways to reach and influence voters. Also, are people in love with Virtual Reality, or simply the idea of Virtual Reality? Nest is about to kill the Revolv hub, bricking the device permanently for anyone who bought one. A new Amazon Kindle is imminent. And people who love the Nintendo Entertainment System, as well as gold, have a new crush.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google's parent company is deliberately disabling some of its customers' old smart-home devices
- Google Sees AR, Not VR, as the Real Goal
- HoloLens public demo opens: Should businesses and developers be bullish?
- FCC’s “nutrition labels” for broadband show speed, caps, and hidden fees
- Jeff Bezos says Amazon will unveil a new Kindle next week
- Election Tech: How big data pioneers use open source technology to win elections
- Election Tech: Why 2016 is the first made-for-social media campaign
- Technology Upgrades Get White House Out of the 20th Century
- You Have to See This 24-Karat Gold NES