Last years scrappy upstart live video streaming service called Meerkat is about to pivot. The Wall Street Journal reports that three companies are offering their employees an Apple Watch for only $25, with no strings attached. Oh, except this one string: If the employee doesn't meet regular fitness goals after a two-year period, they'll have to pay full price for the Apple Watch. TechCrunch sources say Microsoft once considered an $8 billion acquisition of enterprise-messaging business Slack. Ultimately though, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and co-founder Bill Gates passed, opting for improving the features to its Skype product to make it more competitive with Slack in the long run. Tim Sweeney from Epic Games had some strong words for Microsoft today, calling their gaming system a walled garden. And a new study by Quartz says that binge watching is making all of us depressed. But don't let that stop you from watching every episode of House of Cards.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Meerkat Is Ditching the Livestream — And Chasing a Video Social Network Instead
- Employees Get Apple Watch for $25 (But There’s a Catch)
- Google to Apply ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ to All EU Searches Next Week
- Google Agrees To Complicated Worldwide “Right To Be Forgotten” Censorship Plan
- GOOGLE IS BUILDING A 100KW RADIO TRANSMITTER AT A SPACEPORT AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY
- Source: Microsoft mulled an $8 billion bid for Slack, will focus on Skype instead
- SES-9 MISSION
- No Man’s Sky finally charts its star path with major gameplay reveal
- Oculus VR founder says they won’t support Mac until Apple ‘releases a good computer’
- Microsoft wants to monopolise games development on PC. We must fight it
- What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app?
- No fooling: Watch The Force Awakens at your house on April 1
- Commuter Gamer: Crafting Comes to ‘Fallout Shelter’
- 5x Video and 5x Tabletop – 10 Awesome New Gaming Projects on Kickstarter This Week
- Google Maps Orange Meeple Replaced by Link From ‘The Legend of Zelda’
- Can binge watching your favorite shows make you mentally ill?